The First Nations Technology Council is seeking an energetic and reliable Administrative Assistant to support the Technology Council in quickly and efficiently completing day-to-day tasks. The Administrative Assistant will assist all members of the team and have a wide range of exposure to all of the work that the Technology Council does. The successful candidate will demonstrate experience and excellence in data entry, reception services, maintaining filing systems, mail-outs, travel planning and organization.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Administrative Assistant:
- Handles all inbound calls, demonstrating excellence in providing genuine care and efficiency in serving all whom reach out to the Technology Council
- Meet visitors at the front door and show them to their meeting space, and offer coffee/tea
- Assist in travel planning and booking
- Assist database management in salesforce, including updating and maintaining contacts.
- Support the uploading of job postings to the First Nations Knowledge Network
- Handle requests for information and data
- Develop and maintain a filing systems as required for internal files
- General clerical duties including photocopying, scanning and printing
- Assist with tasks that help to onboard new employees
- Help to keep the team organized
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, appreciation, and respect when engaging formally and informally with all team members, program participants, contractors, and external stakeholders
- When called upon, assists the management team in the preparation of presentations, performance reports, financial reports, and other reports for delivery to Technology Council project and program funders and other stakeholders and for BC First Nations communities and First Nations leadership in the province
- Assists with additional duties when team members are sick or on vacation.
- Will have the willingness and ability to help with planning & organizing events – internal and external
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma and/or a minimum of 1-year experience in an office environment as an Administrative Assistant.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of relevant systems, such as Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to manage and balance multiple competing demands
- Energetic and a willingness to learn
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Available to work at the Technology Council offices in the BC Lower Mainland
How to Apply
The Administrative Assistant position has a planned start date of June 19th, 2017.
To apply, send a current resume or CV, and a cover letter explaining your interest in this position, by May 26th, 2017 to:
Please use subject line: Administrative Assistant
Applicants identifying as Indigenous to North America are strongly encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for applying. All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.