The First Nations Technology Council is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to join our growing, Indigenous-led team. With a number of exciting initiatives underway, the Executive Assistant reporting to the Executive Director, is the principal scheduler, timekeeper, planner and plays a vital role in the success of the organization.
About the First Nations Technology Council
The First Nations Technology Council is an Indigenous-led organization that serves all 203 First Nations communities across British Columbia, working to ensure that Indigenous peoples have full and equitable access to the tools, training and support to maximize the opportunities presented by technology and innovation. The Technology Council sees the strengthening of local Indigenous economies and the empowering of Indigenous innovators as contributing to Indigenous self-determination and nationhood.
About the Role
- Provides direct support to the Executive Director (ED) and other key Senior Leadership team members
- Financial Management: Prepares and submits expense reports
- Calendar Management: Monitor and/or manage the ED’s diary, arranging internal and external meetings, conferences, speaking engagements and media requests
- Event Planning: Coordination of meeting logistics (reserving space, arranging for audio visual equipment and catering), and the preparation of supporting material
- E-Mail Management; monitor and/or manage e-mail, reviewing, sorting and prioritizing incoming e-mail
- Work process management, prioritization and judgement – manages the flow of work to the ED
- ED Gatekeeper; liaises with external stakeholders and synthesizes information
- Books travel and accommodation (both domestic and international), creates travel itineraries
- Sets up conference calls, attends meetings; records and distribute meeting minutes and follow-up on action items
- Organize logistics and material for internal/external events, boards/committees or training sessions on behalf of the ED and other Senior Leadership
- Other general administrative duties (scanning, photocopying, filing, data entry)
- Document production – including formatting and editing proposals, reports, correspondence, spreadsheets and presentations
- Coordinating with others to ensure the timely production of documents to ED
- Other projects and administrative duties as assigned
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains an awareness of issues under discussion and uses discretion in receiving and handling incoming calls or correspondence either by responding in person or referring matters to the attention of senior staff.
- Initiates action as required.
- Collects and analyses information for review by the executive staff, reads and coordinates incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Demonstrates leadership, enthusiasm, appreciation, and respect when engaging formally and informally with all team members, program participants, contractors, and external stakeholders
- Works collaboratively with members of the senior management team, seeking opportunities to maximize Technology Council program outputs and outcomes
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in an executive support level capacity with increasing responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently using tact, discretion and confidentiality to resolve issues
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to exercise sound judgment and prioritization
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to provide effective support at the senior level
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both verbally and in writing including the ability to respond politely and diplomatically to both internal and external inquiries
- Ability to type 60 words per minute
- Demonstrated proficiency to use Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other equivalent products
Strong candidates will also possess:
- Ability to write public-facing, widely distributed high caliber memos
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- An ability to manage and balance multiple competing demands
- A valid drivers’ license and the willingness and availability to travel throughout B.C. for engagement sessions
- An ability to work at the First Nations Technology offices in North Vancouver
How to Apply
To apply, send a current resume or CV and a cover letter explaining your interest to email@example.com
Please use subject line: Executive Assistant. This position will remain open until a successful candidate has been found.
Applicants identifying as Indigenous to North America are strongly encouraged to apply.